The objective of this partnership is to develop a substantial framework of Vocational and Educational Training /VET) for youth workers that addresses the significance of smartphones and social media. The development focuses on the competences that youth workers need while the target group is shifting its behaviour. The framework includes the following components:
- Description of the competences needed for youth workers facing the growing significance of smartphones and social media in the life of their clients. The description will be oriented on the definition of competence as a combination of knowledge, skills, and attitude. The competence profile will include the three areas of youth work: working with young clients, working in an organisation and working as a professional.
- An online tool to measure theses competences
- Based on the bodies of knowledge, skills and attitude different professional products will be described that serve as an evidence of competence. As we start with competences our approach to learning is “output oriented”: objective of the learning process is that the learner can fulfil certain tasks in practice showing his/her competence.To define this output existing professional products will be screened to evaluate if and how the methodologies used can be enriched and supported by mobile devices and social media. The partnership will suggest methods to enhance the competences of youth workers by introducing the use of mobile devices and social media into their products:
- in the work with clients: analyses of problems or resources, treatment or prevention plans, documentations of methods used, evaluations,
- in organisations: concepts, project plans, calculations, quality management and
- in the area of professional development: reflections, feedbacks, certificates, research …
- Training scenarios that support the work on the professional products in the different fields of youth work
- Criteria for the assessment of the professional products
The VET will address the subjects and problems of youth workers facing the growing significance of smartphones and social media in the life of their clients.
- Feb 2014 Description of the competences (body of knowledge, skill and attitude)
- May 2014 Description of professional products that serve as an evidence of competence
- Sep 2014 Online tool to measure competences
- Feb 2015 Training scenarios that support the work on the professional products in the different fields of youth work will be developed
- May 2015 Criteria for the assessment of the professional products
The development process is aimed to be finalized in summer 2015.