What is our target group?
Youth workers that …
- are professionals
- focus on working with young people, who have access to social media and smartphones (8 to 30 years)
- are networking with teachers, families, organisations … (systemic approach)
- are on different qualification levels (European Qualifications Framework level 4-6) (also in VET)
- are meeting young people in their habitat
- are building relation on trust
- are looking at problems young people have (not the ones they make)
- are looking at young people’s wellbeing (not their well behaviour)
- have the following problems …
Youth workers …
- don’t know the mobile devices/social media used by young people.
- are not interested enough in this technology to improve by themself.
- are not able to relate with young people about mobile devices/social media (awareness that culture and language is different)
- don’t understand the importance of mobile devices and social media for identity and relation building
- are not able to use mobile devices/social media for interaction with young people
- are not skilled to manage mobile devices and social media (i.e. security setting)
For whom is it neccessary?
- Managements of organisations
- Curriculum designers
- Policy makers
- the learner (youth worker)
- Researchers (e.g.data collection)